Poultry Cross at Salisbury
This market cross dates from c. 1450, the peak of the city's prosperity. It replaced a 'High Cross' that had stood in a similar position since the city's earliest days. The curving buttresses which support the pinnacle and cross were late additions, only being added in the early 1850s.Acquired with the financial assistance of the MGC/V&A Purchase Grant Fund and The National Art Collections Fund.
Other items in the History of Salisbury Gallery collection