26 May 2018 – 31 July 2018
Calling all artists! We are looking for the best portrait of a person who is special to you. This is inspired by ‘Henry Lamb: Out of the Shadows’ and partner exhibition with Poole Museum ‘Augustus John: Drawn from Life’ – major new exhibitions running from 26 May – 30 September 2018.
The competition is open to artist of all ages and abilities, using any 2-D medium (photography, pencil, pastel, watercolour, oil, collage, etc.) and the prizes are:
1st Prize (Adult) A morning of tuition with fine artist Nicholas Beer at his Sarum Studio atelier http://sarumstudio.com/
2nd Prize (Adult) A morning with acclaimed photographer Ash Mills learning about capturing photographic portraits on the go http://ashmills.zenfolio.com/
1st Prize (12 - 18) A morning of tuition with Dorset artist and portraitist ClaireThomas at her studio near Blandford Forum http://www.clairethomas.co.uk/
1st Prize (5 - 11) Drawing materials, including a sketchbook and set of skintone pencils from Noble Arts in Salisbury
All you need to do is to make a portrait of a person who means a lot to you and then send a digital version of it to email@example.com before 31 July 2018. The judging panel will comprise members of Plain Arts Salisbury, Salisbury Museum and Poole Museum. The winner will be notified by email and the three winning photographs will be exhibited at Salisbury Museum.
How to Enter
- Original artwork must be no larger than A3 (297mm x 420mm)
- You must enter online by emailing your entry, along with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org All entries must be submitted as digital files. Please note, only one entry per person will be accepted
- Image requirements for entries: JPG files (Please keep the maximum file size to 2MB to ensure proper uploading). The file that you attach is exactly as it will appear to the judges
- The competition is open to artists, amateur or professional of any age
- All entry files must be named with artist's last name (underscore) first name (underscore), followed by the age group e.g. (Jones_Mike_adult.jpg). Please do not include any other information in the file name, such as title of work.
- Please do not submit links to jpeg files (Google Docs or otherwise)
The competition opens on 26 May and the deadline for entries is 31 July 2018. The winners will be notified by 31 August.The judges’ decision is final.
Copyright for all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. Each entrant by entering the completion, grants permission to Salisbury Museum to use their work for promotional purposes, which includes social media.
To download all these details, click HERE