Constable and Salisbury - vacancies for gallery attendants
Salisbury and South Wiltshire Museum is seeking temporary part-time staff to work as a part of its front-of-house team during our special summer exhibition Constable and Salisbury. We are looking for flexible people who will work as part of a team to present a welcoming face to the public and oversee entry into this important and exciting new exhibition.
The main duties of the job are:
- Manage access to the Constable exhibition galleries to the public, staff and volunteers.
- Assist with the opening and closing of the two Constable temporary galleries.
- Welcome visitors, issue and check admission tickets, answer general enquiries, advise on scheduled timings and group access.
- Manage timed bookings for groups and individuals.
- Ensure security guidelines are adherred to both inside the galleries and the museum to ensure the safety of the exhibits in the temporary galleries and throughout the museum and the safety of the visitors.
- Ensure the exhibition is staffed at all times.
- Responsible for reporting any concerns, and advise and update other staff and volunteers if necessary.
- Offer assistance and advice relating to the museum and the relevant exhibitions. Help visitors orientate around the museum and encourage them to visit the whole museum.
- Manage the visitor flow and ensure that access is maintained for all.
- Manage the Constable volunteer stewards on the same shift and allocate tasks and update on any issues or new information that will assist their role and the public experience.
- Uphold the gallery guidelines (no photography, food, or handling of the exhibits)
- Liaise with reception staff (with particular reference to the stewards rota) and stewards. Liaise with museum and café staff and other volunteers as required throughout the duration of the exhibition.
- Assist with cloakroom duties.
- Take external and internal phone calls.
- Issue tickets for events etc.
- Support the administration of the Museum as appropriate.
For further details Download details and application form here or email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01722 332151. Deadline for applications: Thursday 7 April 2011. Interviews: week commencing 18 April 2011.