Framed posthumous portrait of Edward T. Stevens, F.S.A, Director of the Salisbury and South Wiltshire Museum. Painted by Henry Brooks.
Edward Thomas Stevens (1828–1878) was a partner in a Salisbury drapers business. He was also an antiquarian and became the first Honorary Director of the Salisbury and Blackmore Museums. Together with Dr Humphrey Blackmore, he was responsible for developing the collections of both museums, and was author of numerous collection catalogues.